THE 2017 ELLSWORTH O-ROCK EPIC ENDURO
MAY 20, 21st 2017
2 Days of epic back country carving
- Enduro World Series Qualifier Event ( EMBA membership required PRIOR to event to collect EWS Qualifier Series ranking points)
- IMBA National Enduro Series- Race #1 in the NEW 2017 IMBA National Enduro Series!
- Stop #5: The Southern Enduro Tour Final
- $5300 Pro PURSE (min 5 Deep- $1000,$700,$500,$300,$150 Men & Women Equal payout!
- More New amazing backcountry stages! Looking to hit over 8000Ft of descending in 2017! We’ve been working hard!
- Tasty and Quality Dinners (Lunches on course with the best view possible)
- STAY Tuned as we continue to work out more details and final registration info. Other fun @ facebook.com/kodiaktough and Videos on youtube – kodiaktough
SCROLL DOWN FOR ACCOMMODATIONS.
Description: 2 days of truly big mountain riding in Oklahoma mountains. Vertical descending in the thousands of feet over (10 stages 7200ft descending 2016) (8 Stages totaling 6700 ft descending in 2015). Stages will be from 5 to 20+ minutes long. Multiple shuttles per day and fully stocked support is the only way to attempt such big days. The Epic Enduro will let you go places you never imagined.
PLEASE READ: The area is very rugged, remote, and can be dangerous if you don’t know your way. Please only go in groups or with someone who truly knows the way. Wildlife, many trail intersections, and serious climbs can make a wrong turn very bad. This is why we are extremely excited to bring you this event and are doing so with 6-10 in support staff, and literally tons of water, ice, and food.
FOR Pre-riding: Shuttles will be available on Friday day before event. (possible Thursday) ALL OTHER pre-riding is NOT part of event and is not insured. If you are wanting to ride area ask for personal and or group touring options.
INFO BELOW will be helpful in 2017 planning…
*Brand new runs! Some more rowdy rocky fun and NEW Party-Rock that includes mostly smooth fast 500-600 ft drop with tons of roll-able jumps & water bar rollers that could =air time:). Don’t worry we kept your favorites from last year too!
*We have done trail work and continue to dial in this remote area -Some of the same great runs you know and love…just even better NOW!!!
*Transitions with almost NO pavement! New runs= New route, more trail!
*YES, This event is almost fully supported. But, this is back country riding, you need to be as fit as you can be and responsible for yourself and your bike to keep moving.
*You need big tough tires and wheels. *Sunscreen & bug spray.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Shuttles and logistics to complete 2 of the most fun and epic days of riding in the region.
- Meals will include lunch and dinner each day as well as tons of snacks, water, soda, hydration, and ice.
- Quality Event Swag ( shirt or hat or glass)
- Professional high-end timing powered by Sport IDENT (“flying starts”)
- Awards and Prizes. CASH top 5 Open men, Cash Top 5 Open Women, Sweet prizes and awards for other classes.
- LIVE music at least one night and good mix of other tunes entire time…with horseshoes, corn hole, and hydration
- Use Fees
- Special fun event…
Big Cedar RV Park and Campgrounds is base camp. Start/ finish for each day. Shuttle will leave from here.
Big Cedar RV Park & Cabins
21823 State Highway 63
Big Cedar, Oklahoma 74939 Phone & Reservations: (918) 525-2637**
**There is only small number of cabins that fit 2-5 people. Please fill them completely. **RV spots (currently 17 left) are first come first serve, and camping is only $15. There are showers and bathroom. Also, a nice creek paralleling property to refresh in. Other RV’s maybe available.
- 2 miles (4min) Away at Gibby Bike camp. The place of Dinner/Music on Saturday. There a Rooms that can sleep 2 and other option. w/ breakfast, shower, outdoor potties. 360-480-4920 https://www.facebook.com/GibbysBikerCampLLC
- 2 miles (6min): http://kiamichicabins-rv.com 3 Cabins and 8 RV spots. 940-657-4777
- 7 miles (12min) away on HWY63 http://www.billycreekcabins.com/ Currently 1 cabin available. Can sleep 4 people.
- 7 miles (15min) away on 259 at Top of Mountain! http://peckerwoodknob.com/ 580-494-7333 2 different cabins. Sleep 4 and 6
- 10 miles (15min) away http://www.talking-trees.com fishing,horseshoes and close to Cedar LAKE -2 cabins
- 10 miles (25min) away has a LODGE that can sleep lots or have more intimate place A-Z Guest Ranch that has Great cozy places and awesome food.
TRAVEL TRAILER RENTAL: From the north, about 1hr30 from event. Crabtree RV Center is giving a huge discount and doing the weekend rental for $300 dollars. Ask for Judy, Say O-Rock mtb event. www.crabtreerv.com 479-632-0829
Still working on South of event trailer rental.
Friday: Practice/Shuttle (more info to come on this) Plan to shuttle multiple times and do 4-5 runs Will be morning session and afternoon session. Dinner @7PM & Packet pick-up
Saturday: Riders meeting @8:30AM Shuttles leave immediate afterward Packet & Timing pick-up @ 7 to 8am.
Sunday: Riders meeting @8:30Am Shuttles leave immediate afterward